The Food Runner is primarily responsible for delivering food orders from the kitchen to customers’ tables rapidly and accurately. It is this person who will maintain the cleanliness of the expo line, organization of order tickets, and communicate effectively with BOH team. The Food Runner will also be responsible for the initial expediting of carryout and catering orders.
Essential Job Functions:
- Obtain and Maintain a working knowledge of all food menus including carryout and catering menus
- Assure guests have everything they need on the tables after delivery of food.
- Ensures guest has proper silverware, napkin, share plates when delivering food.
- Keep kitchen station clean and organized.
- Utensils & steak knives polished and stocked.
- Assist all servers, bartenders and managers with carrying of plates.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with guests, and co-workers.
- Communicate food orders to chefs, paying attention to priorities and special requests (e.g. food allergies)
- Perform calmly and effectively under stressful conditions.
- Promote an atmosphere of teamwork by assisting co-workers.
Must be willing and able to:
- Complete Food Handler Certification per state requirement.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions.
- Report to work in a complete required uniform.
- Maintain a well-manicured appearance and persona that reflects the image of the restaurant.
- Meet personal schedule requirements punctually.
- Be courteous, friendly and pleasant.
- Stand and walk for an entire shift.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. via food or beverage trays or required equipment needed to perform specific job duties.
- Safely transport items to and from kitchen on a slick uneven surface.
- Lift and carry multiple plates from kitchen to dining room.
- Safely move about in all areas of the restaurant.
- Frequently bend, stoop, reach, lift, carry, and wipe.